A Message About Anitfreeze & Pets – From My Vet!
Dr. Shannon at Valley View Vet is one of my favorite people on the planet. My dogs love her, and I really respect and appreciate how she treats them. Dr. Shannon was kind enough to share her info with me, so I could pass it along to you. Here’s some great info about antifreeze and your pets!
Cold winter months bring a number of potential pet hazards. One of these is antifreeze we use to winterize our vehicles. Ingesting even a very small amount of antifreeze can be deadly to animals. It can cause kidney failure and damage to the nervous system. Look for antifreeze products that are safer, and more pet-friendly; there are several available. No matter what product you are using, be sure to wipe any spills immediately to help avoid an emergency situation.