Best Coffee In Bozeman — Erin’s Top Spots
Every morning at the horrible time of 4:30AM my alarm clock rings. This is something I don’t think I will EVER get used to! Let’s just say I drink a ton of coffee, and here’s what I have found to be the best in Southwest Montana!
1. Best Overall Coffee Experience – The Leaf and Bean in Downtown Bozeman. No doubt about it. This is one of my favorite places in town. They have great coffee, not too coffee-e and not to chocolat-e. They have yummy sandwiches, soups and to die for cookies and treats. Comfy couches and small tables makes the perfect space for work meetings or just hanging out with friends. Add in the bonus of their super friendly staff and an adorable retail section, and the Leaf and Bean takes the number 1 spot by a landslide.
2. Best Destination Coffee – The Gift Shop at Chico Hot Springs. A secret from the locals, this is truly a gem. Go to the gift shop and get your coffee, and head to the hot springs for an early soak. Eat brunch (mimosa included), soak again and then enjoy the gorgeous drive back home. Don’t blame me when you feel like you’ve been at the spa all day and need to take a nap immediately upon arriving home. You’ve been warned.
3. Best Early Riser – If you need coffee at 5:30AM, the choice is very limited. City Brew Coffee on North 19th by Target is the best bet. They are always open on time, they have a drive through and the staff is super friendly even at the early hour.
4. Best Coffee Hut – Espresso To Go, They are on Main & 11th and across the street from my house at Four Corners. These are the little ones with the pink signs, green lettering. They make great coffee, they are very quick, and they can actually run your credit card! They also have a great punch card program and don’t care (REALLY) if you collect 10 of them with one punch each and redeem it for your free coffee. They just do things right.
5. Best Coffee Shop To Study – Rocky Mountain Roasting – Big Booths allow for spreading out books and computers, and its relatively quiet enough to actually study.
6. Best Coffee Chill Spot – The Ditch – You can actually sit in chairs next to the creek and enjoy your cup of joe. They also have food that you usually see at Farmers Markets
Best Coffee At MSU – SRO Espresso in the SUB – 1st floor at the South Entrance, where the bus stops are located. Don’t rely on the library coffee shop as the line is guaranteed to be huge.
Best way to save money on coffee – Seize The Deal – Some of the coffee shops in the valley (Leaf & Bean included) participate in the Seize The Deal program. For example, some will offer $10 gift cards for only $5 – with no purchasing limit. I get all my coffee this way, and it saves me a ton of money.
Most Unreliable Coffee – Do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, wait until Big Sky to get your coffee before skiing. Yes, you are right there is a coffee shop right at the turn to the resort – but good luck getting your coffee. They have crazy hours and the parking lot is atrocious. By the time you get to the Mountain it will be happy hour. Get your coffee on the way up at Espresso to Go at Four Corners. Trust me.