Best Labor Day Deals
I am ALWAYS looking for good deals – here are a list of good ones for Labor Day! ~Erin
It’s sad to realize that the season is winding down. But, indeed, Labor Day is here. That means a farewell to pool parties and summer hours — but heralds the arrival of the Labor Day holiday sales extravaganza, when many stores offer special discounts on summer clothing and accessories and end-of-season furniture and housewares.
“If you’re on the lookout for clothing, it might be a good weekend to snatch up late-season apparel, a lot of which you can easily transition into a fall wardrobe,” says Lindsay Sakraida, features director for dealnews.com. Also, “keep an eye out for Labor Day coupons that will take an extra discounts [on] existing markdowns, which are popular for the holiday weekend.” Sakraida points out that the current round of coupons can bring as much as an extra 35% off reduced prices: “In many cases they aren’t the best coupons we’ve seen from these stores, but they sweeten existing sales.”
Here’s a round-up of some specific deals from major retailers this Labor Day. In general, sales begin Saturday and end on Monday, September 5, unless otherwise noted below.
• Amazon Beauty Store: Spend $20 and save 25% promotion on select Johnson & Johnson items from Aveeno, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, RoC, oral care brands (Listerine, Rembrandt, Reach), wound care (Band-Aid, J&J and Neosporin). The sale runs for a week starting on Sunday, September 4.
• PCA is featuring the Zeo Personal Sleep Coach for $149 (reg. $199) from Thursday, September 1 through Friday, September 9.
• Amazon Student: Buy $50 in qualifying textbooks and get $5 in MP3s.
• Jewelry sale: Get an extra 30% off necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings.
Barnes & Noble
• Up to 50% off medical books, including references, test prep aids, pocket guides, manuals, etc. Find all sale titles here.
• Free $5 eGift card when you purchase any Madden NFL12 video game. Offer ends September 13.
• Receive a $15 eGift Card when you purchase or rent $150 worth of new or used print textbooks — only at bn.com while supplies last. Offer ends September 9, 2011 at 2:59 a.m.
The mega-retailer is offering storewide savings. Online shoppers can use the code FALL and receive an additional 10 to 15% off select merchandise. Specific promotions include:
• 30 to 50% off fine jewelry
• 20% off watches
• Garmin GPS on sale for $199 (originally $299)
• Buy 1 get 1 free on men’s suits (Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Geoffrey Beene, Kenneth Cole, Van Heusen, Alfani and Club Room)
• 10% off Macy’s entire home store
• 60% off bedding (Hotel, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger)
• 50% off luggage
Like Macy’s, JCPenney is featuring a wide variety of sales for the whole family:
• For kids: Okie Dokie mix-and-match tops or bottoms for $5.99 (orig. $11.99)
• For teens: 50% off T’s for him and her; City Streets colored denim for $17.99 (orig. $38); Southpole and Arizona guys polos for $9.99 (orig. $25-30)
• For dorm: Twin-pack bed pillows for $7.99 (reg. $19.99) and jcpHome twin sheets for $17.99 (reg. $40)
• For women: 40% off dress shoes for her from brands including Worthington, Nine & Co., Studio Paolo and more
• For men: 55% off men’s sport coats
• For home: Philippe Richard 16-piece nonstick cookware set for $49.99 (reg. $124.99) and 40% to 50% off all furniture and mattresses