Early Tuesday Traffic Stop Turns Into a Crash
A young person who failed to comply with the Bozeman Police Department trying to make a traffic stop sped away and ended up crashing into a power pole early Tuesday morning.
According to the official press release from the Gallatin County Sheriff (issued on Tuesday, May 31st, 2016):
- This morning at 0115 hours, a Bozeman Police Officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop of a vehicle which failed to stop at a red traffic light westbound at 19th and Main.
- The vehicle did not yield and made a right turn on to North 20th Avenue and accelerated rapidly northbound.
- The vehicle hit two trees before colliding with a power pole in the southwest corner of the Town and Country Foods (219 N 19th) property.
- Officers rendered aid to the 20-year old driver until medical responded. The Montana Highway Patrol was called in to investigate the crash.
- MHP notified the Gallatin County Detective Division who also responded.