Fireworks Recall: Check Yours if You Bought at These Bozeman Locations
You might have defective fireworks if you purchased them from a local vendor this year. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, certain fireworks from TNT Red, White, & Blue Smoke fireworks are being recalled after they were found to, at times. explode unexpectedly after being lit, posing burn and injury hazards to consumers.
Name of Product
TNT Red, White, & Blue Smoke fireworks. The recalled fireworks are pyrotechnic devices that make smoke when lit. They were sold in a bag containing three canisters: one red, one blue and one white. Each colored smoke firework is a cardboard cylinder tube that measures about one inch in diameter and 5 inches long. The TNT logo, “Red, White & Blue Smoke” and UPC number 027736036561 appear on the packaging.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled fireworks and contact America Promotional Events for a full refund. Call American Promotional Events at 800-243-1189 or email info@TntFireworks.com
Here’s Where TNT Fireworks Are Being Sold in Bozeman Area:
1935 S. 3rd
7715 Shedhorn Dr
29001 Norris Road
401 Jackrabbit Lane
6999 Jackrabbit Lane
561 Business Hub Dr
6455 Jackrabbit Lane
The Bozeman Fire Department would also like to share the following fireworks information with you:
SAFETY WITH FIREWORKS COMES FIRST!
• Children should always be supervised when around fireworks.
• Children under 12 should not handle fireworks.
• NEVER pick up a firework that is a “dud”. Wait 20 minutes then soak with water first.
• Avoid areas that are prone to fires and have a fire extinguisher and water with you.
• Discharge fireworks in a manner that does not endanger life, limb or property. Don’t combine or use fireworks in the wrong manner.
• Follow instructions printed on the fireworks.
FOLLOW THE FIREWORKS LAWS!
Remember that fireworks can only be discharged in the city on the following dates and times:
• July 3 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
• July 4 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• July 5 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
However if you are disturbing the peace of others, officers may have to stop the fireworks display. Fireworks can be discharged on private property with the owner’s permission.
Fireworks may not be discharged at the following locations:
• NOT upon any public street, alley, road, or right-of-way
• NOT within three hundred (300) feet of any public park
• NOT within 1000 feet of any hospital, nursing, or assisted living facility
• NOT under or upon a motor vehicle, whether moving or not
• NOT within 300 feet of any gas station
Only certain fireworks can be discharged within City limits:
• Fireworks that go no higher than 15 feet and are not designed to explode
• Sparklers under 12 inches in length
• Wheel devices with no more than six “driver” units
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!