Football Tip For The Ladies!
Men want their women to leave them alone or watch the game:
According to a Men’s Health poll, 40 percent of respondents prefer their wife or girlfriend watch the big game with them — chips and beer included. Dr. Belisa Vranich, PsyD said, “If you want your boyfriend to break up with you, you should call him and text him all- day long on Super Bowl Sunday. Taking his attention away from the TV is only going to make him angry.” However, Mary Jo Rapini, LPC, relationship expert with The Methodist Hospital in Houston noted, A guy wants to be with other people who really love football. He doesn’t want to be asked [a lot] questions. So skip girls’ night out and use the 3-hour game as extended foreplay.”
Women’s Health picked some phrases to learn in order to impress your man:
* Fair catch: A truce of sorts, allowing a punt returner to signal that he will not attempt to advance the ball after catching it, provided that the punting team agrees not to rip his head off or take his legs out from under him immediately after he does so.
* Encroachment: A term for when a defender enters the neutral zone and makes contact with an opposing player before the start of a play. This is subject to a 5-yard penalty.
* Bootleg: A type of deceptive running play designed to momentarily freeze the defense into thinking the quarterback has handed off the ball to a running back, when in fact he has kept the ball and concealed it on his hip and rolled towards the sidelines, after which he will either attempt to run with it or to pass it.
* ” . . . And long”: Usually refers to a distance of more than 10 yards that remain to be covered for a first down, as in “third and long,” meaning that it is third down and long yardage.
* Backfield: The area of the field that begins approximately 2 yards from either side of the line of scrimmage, just beyond the neutral zone. It can refer to a group of players who line up in the backfield area, or to the area itself.
* “Did he maintain possession?”: Ask this if it’s unclear whether the player who caught the ball held on to it when he hit the ground after getting piled on by a bunch of guys from the opposing team. Make sure you yell this immediately after the play, before a call is made by the ref.
THE AVERAGE GUY AND THE SUPER BOWL (Men’s Health)
* 7.5 million: Number of Super Bowl parties held each year, more than any other at-home party
* 141.4 million: Number of Americans who watched Super Bowl XL (nearly half the U.S. population)
* 126 million: Number of Americans who voted in the 2004 presidential election
* 1,200 calories: Average calorie intake during a Sunday football session
* Potato chips: The most popular football snack, accounting for 27 billion calories and 1.8 billion grams of fat on Super Bowl Sunday alone
* 20 percent: Increase in antacid sales on the day after the Super Bowl
* 13,333: Number of NFL linemen, at 300 pounds each, it would take to balance the 4 million pounds of fat consumed from potato chips alone by Americans on Super Bowl Sunday
* 10 feet: Depth to which the 43.8 million pounds of avocados consumed on Super Bowl Sunday would fill a stadium
* 1.5 million: Number of television sets sold the week before the Super Bowl
* 30 million: Pounds of five popular snack foods Americans consume on Super Bowl Sunday (11.2 million pounds of potato chips, 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips, 4.3 million pounds of pretzels, 3.8 million pounds of popcorn, and 2.5 million pounds of nuts)
* 28 percent: Increase in number of fatal heart attacks among men on days when their football team lost at home.
via Pulse of Radio.