High Wind Warning for Bozeman Area Until 8pm Tuesday
Just about all of southwest Montana is experiencing VERY gusty winds today and the High Wind Advisory continues until 8pm tonight. Gusts up to 60 mph have been clocked today.
According to the National Weather Service:
HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM MST THIS EVENING.
- WINDS – SOUTHWEST 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH.
- TIMING – WINDS SHOULD BEGIN TO EASE THIS EVENING.
- IMPACTS – DIFFICULT TRAVEL, ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH-PROFILE VEHICLES.
- ISOLATED TREE AND POWER LINE DAMAGE MAY OCCUR.
- SOME AREAS WITH FRESH SNOW ACROSS THE SOUTH MAY SEE SCATTERED BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AT TIMES.
- A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING.
- SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH OR GUSTS OF 58 MPH OR MORE CAN LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE.