Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Gallatin County Wednesday with Large Hail Possible
Winds up to 60mph are possible this afternoon along with large hail. Storms are moving through northern Gallatin County today, especially near Menard.
According to the National Weather Service in Great Falls:
Severe Thunderstorm Warning for northeastern Gallatin County in south central Montana until 230 PM MDT
- At 137 PM MDT, a severe thunderstorm was located 8 miles northeast of Manhattan, or 21 miles northwest of Bozeman, moving east at 25 mph.
- Hazard… 60 mph wind gusts and half dollar size hail.
- Impact… hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage
to roofs, siding, and trees.
- Locations impacted include: Menard.
- Prepare immediately for large hail and deadly cloud to ground lightning. Seek shelter inside a well-built structure. Stay away from windows.
- Large hail and damaging winds and continuous cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm.
- Move indoors immediately. Lightning is one of nature’s leading killers. Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning.