The Ten Most Popular Halloween Costumes So Far This Year
Google just released a list of the Halloween costumes that are getting the most searches so far this year. Here are the top ten:
Top 10 Halloween costumes that have gotten the most searches on Google Shopping in 2013 as of October 14, 2013:
- The minions from "Despicable Me"
- Characters from "Breaking Bad"
- A fox (probably inspired by the "What Does the Fox Say?" viral video)
- The cast of "Duck Dynasty"
- Miley Cyrus
- Characters from "Minecraft"
- Daenerys Targaryen (one of the characters in HBO's "Game of Thrones")
- "The Great Gatsby"-inspired dresses
- Daft Punk helmets
To give you a sense of what everyone else is doing, here's the 5 most popular costumes for 2013 based on the National Retail Federation:
- A Witch
- Batman (and other Batman characters)
- A Princess - 5.4% of girls will dress as princesses...so will 5.4% of grown women (draw your own conclusions there)
- Superheroes who aren't Batman (mainly Superman or Spiderman)