Winter Weather Advisory Through Friday – Another Several Inches of Snow
Yet ANOTHER round of snow is headed for several Montana counties which should dump a few inches in town and up to a foot at pass elevation.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO NOON MST FRIDAY.
- WHAT... SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW EXPECTED. PLAN ON SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS, INCLUDING DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE.
- IN ADDITION, AREAS OF POOR VISIBILITY ARE EXPECTED.
- TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES, WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES AT CHIEF JOSEPH, RAYNOLDS, AND TARGHEE PASSES, ARE EXPECTED.
- WHERE... BEAVERHEAD, MADISON, JEFFERSON, BROADWATER AND GALLATIN.
- THIS ADVISORY DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CITY OF DILLON.
- WHEN... FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO NOON MST FRIDAY.
- WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 45 MPH WILL CAUSE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS.
- A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS PERIODS OF SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES.