Become a Certified Nurses Assistant; Class Starting
Career Transitions is offering another training session to get you certified as a Nursing Assistant. Classes begin September 14th and run for nine weeks. Classes are limited to just 10 students, so early registration is recommended.
If you're interested, here's what you need to know:
- Classes meet Monday & Wednesday evenings from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., plus five Saturdays
- Registration fee is $850 and includes textbook, instruction, clinical lab experience, practical tests, and final certification test.
- Students are trained by experienced nurses from Frontier Home Health and Spring Creek Inn, Memory Care Community.
- Partial scholarships may be available for qualified individuals.
Curriculum & Certification for the Course
- Role and responsibility of the Nurse Assistant in long-term care
- Basic rights and needs of residents (includes and understanding of Montana Residents Rights and the Montana Elder Abuse Act)
- Communication with residents, family and staff
- Care of resident’s physical environment
- Personal care of the resident
- Resident safety and emergency care
- Death and dying with dignity and family support
- Resident nutrition and fluid balance
- Prevention and control of infection
- Management of personality and behavior disorders
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Meeting the needs of special residents
- Students will participate in additional training including: self-care, job readiness and soft skills
- Students will take the State certification test at the conclusion of training
If interested contact Career Transitions at 406.388.6701.
Important note: To complete the class registration, the student must submit a completed application with tuition payment. Student must also provide a recent TB test results, and proof of Tetanus/Diptheria Pertussis immunization.
Training will take place at Career Transitions in Belgrade.
Career Transitions serves over 1,000 customers, clients, vendors, and community members a year in Gallatin, Park, and Madison Counties in Montana, primarily Bozeman and Belgrade. Their programs include
- Career Counseling
- Bookkeeping/Payroll/Quickbooks Training
- HISET/GED (High School Equivalency) classes
- General Computer Literacy
- Microsoft Office Courses
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Training
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
For more info about the class or Career Transitions CareerTransitions.com.