Bozeman, It’s Stupid Question Day. What Would You Add to the List?
We've made it! Today is the last day of September, it's also "National Ask a Stupid Question Day". Now, I know what you're thinking if you work with people, "uhh Derek, that's every day."
I don't disagree. However, not every day is "ask a stupid question day", but today is, so let's focus on that.
OK Bozeman, here's a stupid question, since today is the day, does that mean this is the day that people can ask a stupid question? I mean, that would make sense, right? I don't know about you, but I tend to lose patience with people when they ask something stupid, or something I think is stupid.
Here is a prime example.
Someone will tell me about something they own, then they will ask me to guess how much I paid for it. When I blurt out an amount, they then go "Nope, I got it for free!" That one sends me over the edge every time. You didn't pay anything for it! Why would you ask me to guess an amount, when you didn't pay an amount??
I decided to ask around and compile a list of "Stupid Questions". Enjoy.
- You're from Montana? Are there lots of bears there?
- You're from Montana? Do you know (insert name)?
- So, Yellowstone, huh? Have you ever seen Yogi?
- (You're eating and someone asks) Do you like (insert what you're eating)?
- Are we there yet?
- Why aren't you wearing a mask? Are you six feet apart?
- Why don't you like (insert the current or a past President)
- What are you doing? (as they watch what you're doing)
- (You announce you're going to take a nap) Why? Are you tired?
- (You are wearing an article of clothing with a Sports Team) Are you a (insert team) fan?
- (You have a bag of food from a restaurant) You eating (insert restaurant)?
- (You stub a toe, trip and fall, drop something on your foot and someone says) Did that hurt?
Feel free to add to the list.
I mean, as one of the biggest tourist destinations in the United States, and millions of people traveling through Bozeman every year, I'm sure you can think of a couple stupid questions.