Bozeman Police Searching for Alleged Armed Robber
On Tuesday afternoon, Bozeman Police Officers responded to a burglary in the area of East Curtiss Street and McAdow Avenue (near the Lindley Center). An unidentified male was reported stealing items from a home and was believed to be armed.
Officers arrived on the scene less than a minute after receiving the call from the residence owner just after 1 p.m. Upon arrival, Bozeman Police units and Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office Deputies established a perimeter and conducted an area search. The suspect has fled and was not located.
The suspect who was believed to be armed is "described as a white male, approximately 20-30 years of age, with acne, wearing a red t-shirt and a green “beanie” type hat" according to a press release from Bozeman PD. It is not stated what the burglar had taken from the residence.
Bozeman Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to contact Detective Sergeant Joseph Swanson at (406) 582-2951 or email@example.com.
The public is reminded to be extra cautious and to secure homes and vehicles. Below are some reminders when securing your home:
- Lock doors and windows
- Lock gates and garage doors.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view
- Close your blinds or curtains
- Make friends with your neighbors or create a neighborhood watch
- Don't hide keys in standard hiding places - under doormats or flowerpots
- Trim shrubs, trees, and vegetation to reduce cover for potential burglars.
Come home and to find an intruder? Here are some tips if your home is broken into:
- Do not enter. The burglar may still be inside. If you’ve already walked in, leave immediately.
- Call the police.
- Do not touch anything or clean up until the police have inspected for evidence.
- Write down the license plate numbers of any suspicious vehicles.
- Note the descriptions of any suspicious persons.