Local Flooding Expected
The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for the Jefferson River. Early Tuesday morning the Jefferson River was recorded at flood stage, 8.0 feet. According to the National Weather Service Minor flooding is already occurring and with this flood warning you can expect:
- Moderate flooding predicted by Thursday.
- Chance of Major flooding by Friday night.
- At 8.5 feet county roads and bridges may have water flowing over them.
- Several homes could flood.
- Jefferson River is predicted to rise to 9.2 feet by Saturday.
Locations expected to be effected are:
- Three Forks
- Willow Creek
- Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park
- Missouri Headwaters State Park
If you live in affected areas, please prepare to take action incase of flood.