Yellowstone National Park Open For Business. Here Are The Details
With parts of Yellowstone National Park finally being able to open up, there are some "rules" set in place to help locals and tourists know when they are allowed to enter the park. These rules were set in place to help with congestion, because only the south loop of Yellowstone National Park is open.
What is the main thing you will need to know is: what is my license plate number?
This may seem confusing, but trust me, it is not. Here are the "rules":
1. If your vehicle license plate ends in an EVEN number, you will be allowed to enter Yellowstone National Park, through the south entrance, on EVEN calendar days.
2. If your vehicle license plate ends in an ODD number, you will be allowed to enter Yellowstone National Park, through the south entrance, on ODD calendar days.
3. If your vehicle DOES NOT HAVE NUMBERS, your vehicle will be considered an ODD calendar day entry.
4. If your vehicle has a MIX OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS, you would use the last number in the mix to determine whether you are an odd or even calendar day.
5. Motorcycle groups are considered an EVEN number and will be permitted on EVEN calendar days.
This is the most simple way to make sure that your visit to Yellowstone National Park is smooth and less congested.
Do you have reservations?
Good news! If you've made reservations for the park, they are still valid! Whether you are camping, staying at a hotel, or have backcountry reservations, just make sure you have your "proof of overnight reservation" handy, and you will be permitted to enter during your specific reservation dates.
Hopefully, this information helps clear up any questions and makes your trip to the beautiful Yellowstone National Park memorable.