ALERT: Your Words With Friends Account Info May Have Been Hacked
Username, Password, and Facebook Username/IDs may have been exposed with a breach of Zynga's popular "Words With Friends". Here's what we know:
According to an email that we received from LifeLock on Wednesday, January 8th, 2020:
The site zynga.com (games Words with Friends and Draw Something) has been reported in December 2019 to possibly have suffered a data exposure that could include 227,901,651 records.
- (The email we received said) What is important to know is that information belonging to you appears as if it is being shared improperly on the dark web.
- Being proactive with best practices and next steps such as the following can help.
- Change the password associated with the affected website or any other site that uses that password.
- If you don't remember your password, perform a password reset on the site.
- Review your credit report, and watch for new credit inquiry alerts, or suspicious activity, and consider freezing your credit file.