Flood Advisory for Townsend and Toston Areas Through the Weekend
A large snow pack combined with warmer temperatures has prompted a Flood Advisory for Broadwater County area through Sunday.
According to the National Weather Service:
Flood advisory for minor flooding in poor drainage areas for snowmelt in Broadwater County in southwestern Montana
- until 1230 PM MDT Sunday
- At 1130 am MST, emergency management reported snowmelt causing minor flooding throughout lowlands in Broadwater County.
- This is causing difficult travel as meltwater is flowing across many County and private roadways.
- Temperatures over the next several days will favor continued snowmelt and runoff, so these impacts may linger into early next week and beyond.
- At this time, no flooding is occurring on the Missouri River. However, York Island fishing access site south of Townsend and the Indian Road campgrounds north of Townsend remain closed due to previous flood damage to roadways.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include Townsend, Toston, silos, Winston, Radersburg and Goose Bay.
- Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Avoid
walking or driving through flood waters.
- Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of
moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Please report any major flooding to the Broadwater County sheriff's
office, using their non-emergency phone number of 406-266-3441.