RECALL: Did You Buy These Chicken Patties From Costco?
Nearly 150,000 pounds of very common frozen chicken patties are being recalled due to hard plastic being found embedded in the patties. The bags of frozen chicken in question were sold at Costco locations.
It's crucial that you check your freezer for these bags of frozen chicken patties, as it's likely many people still have them in their homes. The bags in question contain 20 patties and were sold at Costco locations. Now, NOT ALL Costco locations sold the specific bags of chicken patties...but they're not 100% sure EXACTLY which ones ended up with them.
- These details below are directly from the USDA on October 30th, 2022
- The fully cooked, frozen, breaded chicken breast patties were produced on August 11th, 2022.
- There have been no confirmed reports of injury associated with consumption of this product.
- 80-oz. plastic bag packages containing 20 pieces of “CHICKEN PATTIES BREADED CHICKEN BREAST PATTIES WITH RIB MEAT” with best by date “08/11/23,”
- Foster Farms is recalling approximately 148,000 pounds of fully cooked frozen chicken breast patty products.
- Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them and retailers are urged not to sell them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
The problem was discovered when the firm notified FSIS that it received consumer complaints reporting hard clear plastic embedded in fully cooked, frozen, breaded chicken breast patty products with a best by date of Aug. 11, 2023.
IMPORTANT: Montana was not listed specifically on the list of states that received the contaminated products, BUT the USDA and Foster Farms were not 100% sure exactly which states or Costco locations got them. The statement from the USDA goes on to say exactly this:
These items were shipped to Costco distribution centers in Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah, and Washington, and may have been further distributed to Costco retail locations.
Since these distribution centers are near Montana, I personally would conclude it's likely Montana locations received some of these bags of Foster Farms chicken patties, although that is strictly personal opinion. But the recall information sheet only lists distribution centers, not actual Costco locations...meaning, better to be safe than sorry.