Winter Storm Watch Through Sunday Night
Another round of snow is headed for southwest Montana this weekend with up to 20 more inches of snow falling in the mountains by Sunday night. A weather advisory and a storm watch will be working in tandem!
According to the National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 5 PM Friday afternoon to 5 am Saturday.
Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Friday through late Sunday night.
- WHAT: snow expected. Heavy snow possible Saturday morning through late Sunday night.
- Total snow accumulations today and tonight of up to 2 inches are expected, with localized amounts up to 6 inches at higher elevations.
- Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches are possible Saturday morning through late Sunday night, with localized amounts up to 20 inches at higher elevations.
- WHERE: Madison, Jefferson, Broadwater and Gallatin.
- WHEN: for the Winter Weather Advisory, from 5 PM this afternoon to 5 am Saturday. For the Winter Storm Watch, from late tonight through late Sunday night.
- Plan on slippery Road conditions and difficult travel conditions.
- Significant reductions in visibility are possible.
- The cold wind chills Sunday into Monday as low as 25 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.