4th of July Events Around Bozeman and Beyond – 2018 Edition
Hot dogs, friends, flags, rodeos, fireworks! 2018 has plenty of 4th of July events for you in southwest Montana. There are even races to run!
REACH, INC, Annual "Race For Independence" - July 4th, 2018 (8am start)
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - 10K, 5K and 1K races available
- 8am. start time for 10K, 8:15am for the 5K, and 8:25am for the 1K
- Registration: Online registration until the evening of July 3rd
- Race begins at the Reach Inc. Work Center, 322 Gallatin Park Dr
- All proceeds from this event will go to Reach Inc., a local non-profit that helps adults with developmental disabilities to lead more independent, fulfilling lives
- Sign up to be in the Ennis Parade by June 29th, 2018 - ENTER HERE
- Parade begins at 10am on Wednesday, July 4th on Main Street, Ennis
- RODEO: July 3rd at 8:00pm, July 4th at 6:00pm Rodeo Grounds in Ennis
- All rodeo seating is now first-come, first-serve
- General Admission: $12 Adults, $10 Kids age 6-12, Free 5 & under
- One of Montana's largest fireworks display, based at the Fairgrounds
- Entertainment begins at 9pm with fireworks at dark
- Live music by the Lazy Owl String Band
- Event is free and open to the public
- limited food and drink are available for purchase
4th of July Farmer's Market in Big Sky - Wednesday July 4th, 2018
- Fire Pit Park at the Town Center
- HELD EVERY WEDNESDAY FROM JUNE-SEPTEMBER
- FROM 5-8PM
- The Big Sky Community Organization’s 4th of July 5k begins at 8:30 a.m. in the meadow.
- Registration is $30 in advance and $35 on race day and includes a post-race breakfast.
- For more information, visit bscomt.org
- The Arts Council of Big Sky’s Music in the Mountains hosts The Tiny Band for Fireworks & Funk
- July 4 at 7 p.m. in the Big Sky Town Center.
- The free show will be followed by a fireworks display at around 10:15 p.m.. For more information, visit bigskyarts.org.
- 11:00am – Fire Dept. BBQ: Chamber parking lot/Dunbar Park. Burgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs. $8/person
- 1:00pm – Yellowstone Historic Center Pie on the Porch: $4/slice
- 3:00pm – Friend of the Library Buffalo Chip Chuck: Town Park Baseball Diamond. 3 chuck for $5! Prizes for Top 3 Winners in several classes. Coveted “I Flung the Dung” T-shirts available.
- Bullwinkle’s Hot Dog Eating Contest: Sign up by 4pm for your start time. Parkway B between Madison River Outfitters and Bullwinkle’s. Prizes by age group – top 3 winners!
- 6:00pm – Parade: Anyone can enter! Prizes for 1st three places. Theme – 4th of July! Line up at 5:00pm, Float judging at 5:30pm
- 6:45pm – Free Live Music in the Park featuring Slamabama!
- 10:15pm (approx) – Fireworks: Visible from most locations in town, especially, Town Park, Dunbar Park and the Historic District along Yellowstone Ave.