Avalanche Warning For Gallatin County – Friday December 2nd
Several inches of fresh snow in the mountains is attractive, but also dangerous. There has been an Avalanche Warning issued for Gallatin County, Friday December 2nd.
Per the National Weather Service in Great Falls:
- AVALANCHE WARNING ISSUED ON DECEMBER 2 2016 AT 5:30 A.M.
- THE GALLATIN NATIONAL FOREST AVALANCHE CENTER IS ISSUING A BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE WARNING FOR THE BRIDGER RANGE AND NORTHERN GALLATIN RANGE.
- HEAVY SNOW HAS ADDED WEIGHT AND STRESS TO WEAK AND UNSTABLE SNOWPACK.
- THE AVALANCHE DANGER IS RATED HIGH ON ALL SLOPES. NATURAL AND HUMAN TRIGGERED SLIDES ARE LIKELY TODAY.
- AVALANCHE TERRAIN AND AVALANCHE RUNOUT ZONES SHOULD BE AVOIDED. YOU ARE URGED TO CONTACT THE GALLATIN NATIONAL FOREST AVALANCHE CENTER FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION.