UPDATE: 12″ Now Possible at MT/ID Border
Thanksgiving travel is becoming more difficult with very gusty winds and up to a foot of snow now possible in southwest Montana by Thursday night.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM THURSDAY.
- WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches near the Montana and Idaho border, then 1 to 3 inches elsewhere.
- WHERE...Gallatin, Beaverhead and Madison.
- WHEN...Until 11 PM MST Thursday.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
- Slow down and use caution while traveling.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.