Celebrate the Grand Opening of Bozeman’s Newest Community Park
Join The Trust for Public Land and Bozeman Parks and Recreation Department for the grand opening of Story Mill Community Park on Saturday, July 20 for free, family-friendly activities. It's a unique city park with exciting opportunities for active recreation, outdoor community gathering spaces, a 40- acre nature sanctuary, community center, new trails and trail connections, and natural and cultural interpretive programs.
Here's what is planned throughout the day at the grand opening:
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Fun Run at the Grand Lawn with Big Sky Wind Drinkers
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Nordic Pole Walking for Seniors at The Trust for Public Land Plaza
- Fly Casting Clinic with Fins & Feathers of Bozeman on the Grand Lawn
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- “Water & Wildlife in the Park” Walking Tour with Sacajawea Audubon Society at The Trust for Public Land Plaza (ages 12+)
- Yoga on the Grand Lawn with Terra Grace Yoga presented by Bozeman Health (ages 12+)
- Kid’s Climbing Clinic with Spire Climbing Center at Norm’s Boulder (ages 5 - 15)
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Fun for Pups at the WEST PAW Dog Park (all ages pups and people!)
- Kids Face Painting at the Davis Pavilion
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- “Designing Your Park” Walking Tour at The Trust for Public Land Plaza (ages 12+)
- Sing Along Dance Party with Music Kate at the Reunion Pavilion (all ages)
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Picnic on the Grand Lawn presented by Montana Party Rentals.
Bring your own lunch or visit food vendors ($) and enjoy a picnic in the park.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- “History in the Park” Walking Tour with The Extreme History Project at The Trust for Public Land Plaza (ages 12+)
- Climb with Conrad Anker at Norm’s Boulder (ages 12+)
- Animal Discovery with Montana Outdoor Science School at the Davis Pavilion (ages 3 – 18)
- Fiddle Concert with Tom Robison & Friends at the Reunion Pavilion (all ages)
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- “Art in the Park” Walking Tour with Mountain Time Arts at The Trust for Public Land Plaza (ages 12+)
- Tour of the Wells Fargo Learning Garden & Food Forest with the Gallatin Valley Food Bank and Broken Ground (all ages)
- Music with the Boomerangs at the Reunion Pavilion (all ages)
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- “Nature in a Nutshell” Kids Activity with Learning By Nature at the Davis Pavilion (ages 4 - 10)
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tykes on Bikes at the Mysun Playground Tyke Track (ages 2 – 5)
- Concert by Montana Manouche at the Reunion Pavilion (all ages)
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Park Dedication and Concert on the Lawn featuring Nashville singer-songwriter Holly Williams, presented by Wells Fargo (all ages). Opening acts are Alaina Gordon and Jason Wickens.
Please no large shade structures, outside alcohol, pets, glass, weapons, fireworks, or drones.
For more information, click here.
You are encouraged to leave your car behind to walk, bike, or ride to the Grand Opening of Story Mill Community Park.
- Ride the Streamline to Story Mill Community Park from the downtown transfer station to the new bus stop at the park. Click here for more info on routes and bus schedules
- Check your bike at the free bike valet hosted by the The Gear Wizard at the Story Mill Community Center
- Use a ride share service, like Lyft. The Trust for Public Land is a proud partner of Lyft’s “Round Up & Donate” program.