Downtown and the M Trail Connected in 2018?
Maybe. The GVLT updated us on the goal of connecting in-town trails with The M and Drinking Horse Mountain trails. It's getting much closer!
It was a lofty goal many years ago to connect Bozeman's many trails within city limits to the larger trails outside of town "in the mountains". It sounds like that goal is almost here. Such fantastic news.
According to the Gallatin Valley Land Trust:
The much anticipated Path to the M, connecting town trails to the M and Drinking Horse with a path along Bridger Drive, is underway.
- The City of Bozeman has just acquired the last two easements needed to construct the path all the way to the M.
- Many partners are working together on this project at different stages including the City of Bozeman, US Forest Service, Montana Dept. of Transportation, GVLT, and Western Federal Lands Highway Division.
- The hope is that the project will go out to bid this winter, and will take a full summer construction season to complete.
- The best case scenario would have the trail open in the late fall of 2018.
- When this paved multi-use path is complete, it will connect into the Story Mill Spur Trail, new Story Mill Community Park, East Gallatin Recreation Area, Cherry River Trails and beyond.