Here’s How To Skip The Lines At The Gallatin County Courthouse
Need to make a trip to the Gallatin County Courthouse, but don't have all day to wait in line?
Here are a few tips to speed up the process, according to Gallatin County Government:
- You can make an appointment with the Bozeman office (311 W. Main St. room 102) online here: https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/GCMUHZ
- You don't even have to come in. Renew your registration online at: https://app.mt.gov/vrr/renewal/index.html
- Did you purchase your vehicle from a dealer? Call ahead to make sure they have received and processed your paperwork - 406-582-3080.
- If possible, there are some times to AVOID: Lunchtime, Monday mornings, Fridays and the day before a holiday.
- The Bozeman office has extended hours! It's open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- There is also a Motor Vehicle Department office in Belgrade for added convenience. That office is located at 312 W. Main St.
- Driver's license services are provided by the state, NOT Gallatin County. You can make an appointment with them at https://mt.sts-scheduler.com/mvdpublic/.
Additionally, the Montana Motor Vehicle Licensing Division has partnered with AAA (located at 1530 N. 19th Ave., suite B in Bozeman) where they take walk-in customers to renew or replace your non-REAL ID Montana driver's license. (You do not have to be a AAA member, but there may be an additional fee for those services.)