What Would be Your ‘Real Housewives of Bozeman’ Tagline?
Bravo's 'Real Housewives' franchise might be trash TV but millions of people watch it every week. If Salt Lake City got their own branch, it's not that crazy to think Bozeman might be in the mix someday.
Comedienne Katie Goodman and the talented cast of Broad Comedy used to do an excellent skit about 'The Real Housewives of Bozeman'. It was spot-on and super funny.
What is a Real Housewives tagline? It's simply a one-liner voiced by each cast member at the beginning of each episode. That one line is supposed to give you a quick vibe of what the person is all about—but they're always vacuous, silly and arrogant. The kind of stuff that makes you embarrassed for them before the show even starts.
So how would Bozeman or Big Sky fare in the tagline department? I'm certain the network couldn't convince (nor get permission to film in) the Yellowstone Club people to band together for a season. Many of those rich and famous folks aren't around here much anyway. But I AM sure there's enough wealthy women who wouldn't mind some serious national screen time. It's hilarious and terrifying at the same time.
My favorite RHs tagline of all time came from Lisa Vanderpump of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: "Life's not all diamonds and rosé, but it should be". COME ON. That's so pointless, pretentious and awesome. It's the point of the entire RH empire...a glimpse into the fluffy, luxurious lives of uber-wealthy middle aged women.
Give it some thought, now that you've had some time to get to know the rest of the Housewives. If they DID make a Real Housewives of Bozeman and you were a cast member, what ridiculous tagline would you pick?
Taste of Reality listed a few to get you started: (see their entire list of Top Picks with the link):
- “The word on the street is that I’m the word on the street.” –Gizelle Bryant, Real Housewives of Potomac Season 1
- “I may be married to a plastic surgeon, but I’m 98 percent real.” –Heather Dubrow, Real Housewives of Orange County Season 7
- “Don’t hate me because I have it all. Hate me because I’m beautiful.” –Joanna Krupa, Real Housewives of Miami Season 3
- “Just like New York City, Sonja Morgan never goes out of style.” –Sonja Morgan, Real Housewives of New York Season 13
- “I’m passionate about dogs, just not crazy about bitches.” –Lisa Vanderpump, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season 6