Delicious Crockpot Recipe Perfect For Winter in Montana
When the temperatures drop in Montana, it's the perfect time to break out the crockpot for hearty meals that will keep you and your family warm during the winter in Montana.
I'm a foodie, so I love to cook. There's nothing quite as satisfying as a bowl of chili or beef stew during the winter. The first snowfall is a good time to start thinking about meal planning and the variety of dishes you want to cook in the coming months.
I decided to share one of my personal favorite recipes to help you get started. The best part about cooking dinner in a slow cooker or crockpot is that you can set it and forget it. Just throw your ingredients in, and that's about it.
Right now, I have ham & beans in the crockpot. The recipe is simple, and the result is delicious. Cooking ham & beans doesn't take much preparation or effort. Here are some easy steps to follow.
Crockpot Ham & Beans
- One pound smoked ham or a one-pound ham hock.
- One pound white beans
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Soak beans in a bowl of water overnight before cooking
- Make sure to thoroughly rinse beans before adding them to the crockpot
- Put the rinsed beans, onion, salt, pepper, ham or ham hocks into the crockpot along with 6 cups of water
- Cook on low in crockpot for 8 hours or until beans are tender
It's super easy to make, and your family will love it. I'll share some more of my favorite recipes in the near future.