FRIDAY: 60 MPH Winds For Big Timber Area
Friday is turning out to be very gusty for Sweet Grass county with a High Wind Warning until 9pm. Big Timber, Greycliff and areas north are seeing gusts up to 60 MPH.
Friday could be a little dangerous for vehicles traveling on I-90 with these high winds. Be extra careful if you're driving a high profile vehicle, are towing anything behind your vehicle or have no experience driving in gusty winds.
It is possible that detours off of I-90 will be posted. (Those detours are generally only enacted around the Livingston area but ARE possible.)
They are saying that downed trees are a possibility today. Please take this Warning seriously and drive with caution, if you must drive through that area at all today.
Expect high winds along the entire I-90 corridor from Livingston to Springdale to Greycliff to Reed Point, even though the Warning is just for Sweet Grass County.
According to the National Weather Service:
- HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM FRIDAY EVENING.
- WHAT...West winds of 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
- WHERE IS THIS HIGH WIND WARNING...Northern Sweet Grass county, Montana.
- WHEN WILL THIS HIGH WIND WARNING TAKE PLACE...Until 9 PM this evening (Friday night)
- IMPACTS OF THIS HIGH WIND WARNING...Damaging winds may blow down trees and power lines.
- Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles on Highway 191 and Interstate 90.
- PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS WITH THIS HIGH WIND WARNING... People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches.
- If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.