How To Throw the Best Halloween Parties in Bozeman
Prepare yourself. Halloween 2015 is on a Saturday. As a grown adult, you deserve to have a BLAST without having to hit the bars. Throw your own SET of parties and invite friends you actually like!
You read that right. Throw a SET of parties and I guarantee it won't be any more work than if you just had one.
More than one gathering means two things: different vibes and different sets of friends.
Friday, October 30th - Afternoon Pumpkin Carving Party
This may be just a "ladies only" affair as I don't recall any of my dude friends getting together to drink wine, eat tasty hors d'oeuvres and basically do arts and crafts on vegetables).
- Show off your culinary talents with a few stunningly delicious apps that are super easy to prepare. (I have a couple of quick recipes for you below!)
- It's a reason to "get the girls together" who keep lying to each other that "they need to get together soon." The fact of the matter is, YOU are going to swallow your pride and do the work for the bigger cause of getting this crew together.
- Have each lady invited bring a bottle of wine, champagne or their favorite 6-pack with the idea of SHARING.
- YOU SUPPLY: Enough pumpkins for each guest, the appetizers and plenty of mixers for the alcohol your guests will bring. And, a clean house with plenty of seating of course. (If it's not too cold, don't be afraid to throw this shindig in your garage! It might get a little messy and the point is to have FUN, not be foo-foo high class.)
- Use big garbage cans, have lots of paper towels and hand towels available. That way you can just toss a load of laundry in and the pumpkin mess is done.
- ALSO A GOOD IDEA TO GET THE CHILD SAFETY CARVING KNIVES. BOOZE AND SHARP OBJECTS DON'T MIX.
Saturday, October 31st - Halloween Party AND Candy Give Out Night
This year ON Halloween, you can kill two birds with one stone. Make the kids happy at a distance AND party with your friends without leaving your house!
- Since yesterday's pumpkin carving party with the ladies was mostly in the garage, your house shouldn't be that trashed.
- Most adults don't love being at their house handing out candy on Halloween. The constant doorbell ringing is a pain. BUT - partying at your house and greeting trick or treat-ers is a different matter.
- Put bowls of different candy out on the porch for the kids to basically help themselves. The reason this actually works is because you can bet that there will almost ALWAYS be a couple of guests out on your porch chatting at any given time.
PEANUT CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH CHILI MAYO DIPPING SAUCE (These are AWESOME. Recipe from Real Simple.)
SEARED STEAK LETTUCE CUPS (Look more difficult than they are. I promise. Recipe from Epicurious.)
TOMATO & OLIVE BRUSCHETTA (Really, you can put whatever the hell you want on bruschetta.....that's what so great about it. Recipe from County Living.)