Route Map: Belgrade’s Famous Christmas Convoy 2022 [WATCH]
It might be one of the coolest things about Christmas in Montana: big trucks, semis, and construction rigs decked out in Christmas lights touring around Belgrade. This weekend the Belgrade Christmas Convoy returns in 2022.
Such a simple concept, made magical by the incredible amount of work the crews put into decking out their trucks. If a Christmas Convoy is new to you, you'll understand it's coolness after watching the videos below. It's family friendly and amazing to witness.
This annual event is in it's third year and is hosted by the Belgrade Community Coalition. It is just one of the many events included in the 2022 Belgrade Festival of Lights. There will be over 100 trucks and vehicles participating in the 2022 Christmas Convoy. You'll have 2 chances to see the trucks in person - the actual convoy on Saturday and a pre-event viewing on Friday.
- WHAT: Truck Village Viewing Event at the Gallatin Valley Speedway
- (2290 Tubb Road, Belgrade)
- WHEN: Friday, December 9th, 2022
- TIME: 5:30pm to 10pm
- WHAT: The Belgrade Christmas Convoy 2022
- WHEN: Saturday, December 10th, 2022
- TIME: Starts at 6pm
- 100 dump trucks, semi trucks, garbage trucks, logging trucks, and more will light up Belgrade and convoy over 7-miles through town and surrounding neighborhoods.
Folks are being asked to NOT park their cars along the parade route to view it. These are HUGE trucks and need as much space as possible to maneuver the parade route. On the map below, you'll find blue "parking streets". Carpooling is a great idea if friends and family are coming from outside of Belgrade to view it.
(Video via YouTube by BenGoertzen. Helicopter Pilot: Mark Taylor. Camera Operator: Ben Goertzen.)