Bozeman Area Fire Weather Watch on Wednesday
Warm temps and gusty winds around Gallatin County increase fire danger this week, with a Fire Weather Watch in effect.
According to the National Weather Service:
FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND GUSTY WINDS.
- TIMING...Wednesday afternoon into early Wednesday evening.
- WINDS...West 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 15 to 20 percent.
- TEMPERATURES...In the mid to upper 80s, with some low 90s.
- Any new fire starts could be difficult to contain because of the low humidity and gusty winds.
- A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible.
- A combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures will create high fire growth potential.