Winter Weather Advisory for Northwestern Montana Through Saturday Morning
If you're headed north, be aware that gusty winds and up to 10 inches of snow are expected in some areas by Saturday morning.
According to the National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon Friday to 6 am Saturday.
- WHAT: snow and gusty wind expected. 6 to 9 inches of snow accumulation from Essex to Marias Pass
- temperatures rapidly dropping from mid 30s mid afternoon to mid teens by around 6pm.
- Easterly winds will gust over 40 mph at times. Visibility down to one quarter miles at times near Marias Pass.
- 2 to 4 inches accumulation for lower elevations.
- WHERE: Bad Rock Canyon, Essex, Marias Pass, and Polebridge.
- WHEN: from noon Friday to 6 am Saturday.
- Plan on slippery Road conditions.
- Tree branches could fall.
- Be prepared for reduced visibility at times.