June in Bozeman? GVLT’s Summer Trail Challenge For 80k Miles
All we have to do is walk, hike or bike the trails in the Gallatin Valley then log our miles. It's the easiest task I do each day during the month of June, and it benefits the Gallatin Valley Land Trust and the important work they do.
The goal is for all of us to collectively log 80,000 miles by the end of June. Mathematically, it should be a piece of cake to reach that walking/hiking/running/biking goal. In fact, if everyone in Gallatin County logged ONE mile...we'd blow that goal out of the water!
It is absolutely FREE to participate in the GVLT Summer Trails Challenge. There's no long forms to fill out, and it only takes a couple of clicks to log your miles every time you head out on the trails.
GVLT receives $1 from the Trails Challenge Community Match Pool for every mile logged. How cool is that? All we have to do is walk, hike or bike our trails and GVLT reaps the benefits in a big way. It's the easiest and most FUN fundraiser of the year.
What is the Gallatin Valley Land Trust all about? If you're not familiar with this organization, get to know them quickly. These are the folks that fight hard to protect our trails. They garner partnerships with land owners, the city, the county and everyone in between in order to expand hiking trails in and around Bozeman. They're wonderful people who do wonderful work.
Gallatin Valley Land Trust connects people, communities, and open lands through conservation of working farms and ranches, healthy rivers, and wildlife habitat, and the creation of trails in the Montana headwaters of the Missouri and Upper Yellowstone Rivers.
Are there any rules for this GVLT Summer Trails Challenge? Kind of, but they're super simple. Trails Challenge Rules:
- Remember, the deal is $1 for one mile.
- It’s scout's honor, folks. We don’t verify anyone’s mileage so please, be honest when tracking and logging your miles. No one likes a cheater.
- Miles do not have to be on a GVLT trail necessarily, but please limit them to the trails in our region.
- Share the challenge on social media, challenge your kids or your friends, challenge a co-worker. A little competition goes a long way.
- We love it when you send photos and tag GVLT on social media so we can re-share them with the rest of the GVLT universe.
- Stay tuned to GVLT social media for updates of special prize days where local businesses will reward folks who log their miles on that day.